The Sanctuary always follows the schedule for the City of Worthington
Trick-or-Treat night in the City of Worthington is scheduled for Wednesday October 31st from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Worthington City Council approved a policy that schedules Beggars Night in Worthington on Halloween, October 31st each year, no matter what day Halloween falls on.
Please follow these Halloween safety tips:
- Adults should accompany young children and older kids should travel in groups.
- Children should wear light colored clothing short enough to prevent tripping. Adding reflective tape to costumes and outer garments will increase visibility.
- Carry and use flashlights or glow sticks after dark.
- Visit homes you know and stay within your neighborhood. Together with your child, map out a safe route so you know where they will be. Remind them not to take short cuts through backyards, alleys or fields.
- Remind children never to enter a stranger’s house or vehicle.
- Encourage neighborhood block watches and citizens’ groups to patrol the neighborhood.
- Drive slowly and schedule trips so as to avoid the times of heavy pedestrian traffic.
- Discourage children from eating their treats until they get home.
- Closely check all treats at home is a well-lit place. Remove all opened candies or treats not in their original wrappers. Inspect all fruit and homemade goodies.
- Report any suspicious or criminal activity to the police immediately.